JVC has had a long and storied career with their professional video production products. In the early 1980s I can remember when my father (who fancied himself a videographer) would gather his video equipment for family trips. Two JVC shoulder cams, two tripods as well as a Betamax and VHS recorder slung over each of his shoulders…remember that classic look of the 80s? I may look back at this fondly, but in this day and age, one might think my dad was out-of-his-mind lugging around all of this equipment…when he could just get a couple of HC500 connected cams and leave his BIGA$$ recording equipment at home.
For 2023, JVC finally ditched the 80s and embraced the new age with the offer of NDI | HX in a shoulder camera. From sports to interview to studio use, ease of integration is here to stay.
Another Award-Winning Connected Cam from JVC
Sports production, studio use and productions on-the-go, just got easier. Setup is a breeze, and because this camera utilizes your network, you can leave your heavy cables at home. Customers asked for NDI and JVC finally delivers.
This handheld 4K production camcorder by JVC Professional offers uncompromised live and recorded image quality and connectivity with NDI®|HX output capability. The camcorder can be set to NDI®|HX mode for a seamless live production solution for NDI®|HX-compatible hardware or software. You also can shoot in 4K ultra-HD with HDR to record onto SSD or SDHC/SDXC media in a wide variety of formats including ProRes. Ultra-HD ProRes 422 10-bit at 50/60p is possible when recording to SDD media** including HD (1920 x 1080) in the ProRes 422 and 422HQ formats.
JVC Professional’s GY-HC500 CONNECTED CAM also features high-performance 1080 60p/50p live streaming with advanced Secure Reliable Transport (SRT) QoS, and a full complement of IP remote control and viewing features. With the optional KA-EN200G encoder, streaming is possible with incredibly efficient HEVC/H.265 compression.
Main Features of the GY-HC500
- NDI®|HX mode for live output capability (Note: Camera does not record in NDI®|HX mode)
- Ten-bit ProRes 422/422HQ/422LT, at 4K UHD resolution and 59.94p/50p/29.97p/25p/23.98p
recording to M.2 SSD**
- 4K UHD 29.97p/25p/23.98p 4:2:2 10-bit or 4:2:0 8-bit (150Mbps)
and various HD recording to SDHC/SDXC card*
- HDR recording, HLG or J-Log1 (10-bit)
- Backup recording to SSD**
- Clip Continuous Record mode
- One-inch (effective) CMOS sensor with high picture quality
- F11 Sensitivity
- Newly-developed three-ring 4K lens with 20x zoom (f=28mm-560mm 35mm equivalent)
- 40x lossless dynamic zoom
- Four-inch (4″) high-resolution LCD monitor
- LCOS Quad VGA viewfinder
- XLR audio connectors
- High performance 1080 60p/50p live streaming
(4K Rec + HD streaming + 4K HDMI output)
- Secure Reliable Transport (SRT) QoS for reliable, quality streaming
- Facebook Live streaming with secure RTMPS protocol
- Low latency and high-quality streaming up to 20Mbps with SMPTE 2022 Forward Error Correction
- LAN terminal (Streaming/IFB/Remote) in addition to USB host
- HEVC/H.265 encoding for streaming with 50% reduction in bit rate—or— contribution quality 4:2:2 10-bit streaming at up to 24Mbps (via optonal KA-EN200G)
- Return over IP (Return video and IFB)
- Auto FTP to upload native video clips automatically
*Recording media not included.
** SSD media requires optional KA-MC100G media adapter.