It is always nice when the team here at Stream Dudes comes across a product we all like and want recommend to our customers, but when we find a whole brand lineup that makes us go “It’s all just so cool,” then we have something truly special. Allow us to introduce you to Atomos and their line of affordable, but completely incredible- high quality, video recording, monitoring, and signal conversion products.
With recording quality on par with Hollywood standards, but priced more akin to Detroit standards (no offense, we still love you), it’s no wonder that Atomos is one of the most talked about name in the video production industry today. We here at Stream Dudes were so impressed by the versatility and quality of the Atomos line of portable recording devices, that we made sure to include Atomos gear into our Dude Packs. If you are still pondering as to what makes Atomos so awesome, then check out a few of their featured products:
– A stunning 7.1” 1920 x 1200 over 320ppi IPS screen makes Shogun perfect as a director’s monitor. Shoot more accurate colors with class leading 3D LUTs, 2:1/1:1 zoom for critical focus, waveform, focal assist and an optional Spyder calibration unit. It’s the perfect tool for perfect creative shot setup.
– Record direct from the camera sensor to your choice of Apple ProRes, DNxHD/DNxHR or RAW in 10-bit 422 quality onto affordable media options. Based on the camera’s output the Shogun can accept and record up to 4K 30p and HD 120p over HDMI or 12/6/3/1.5G SDI.
– Save time in post by tagging your captured content the moment you review on set (10 tags available), create a custom playlist and even cut in/out points. Save them out as an XML on the Shogun and drop straight onto the timeline of FCPX. For other NLEs, XML files can be converted using 3rd party apps such as XtoCC
– Ninja Assassin extends the Atomos Ninja line up in to the realm of 4K UHD and 1080 60p. Combining professional 4K-UHD/HD recording, 7″ 1920×1080 monitoring, advanced playback and editing in a compact, lightweight, affordable add-on to existing DSLR, Mirrorless and HDMI cameras.
– Bypass the highly compressed internal compression from the camera and increase color accuracy (with 4:2:2 color sampling) and resolution with 10-bit color (1 Billion Colors). The edit ready Apple ProRes or AVID DNxHR video files created by Ninja Assassin are visually lossless with each frame being captured in full resolution (I frame recording) just like film.
– Weighing in at only 430g (15oz) the Ninja Assassin is a compact lightweight addition to any DSLR, gimbal or drone application. The rigid ABS polycarbonate structure is further protected by the included Armor Bumper making the Ninja Assassin the ideal go-anywhere monitor-recorder solution.
– Real time monitoring with the SuperAtom 5” IPS 325ppi 1280×720 capacitive touchscreen. Monitoring functions at your fingertips including waveform, vectorscope, luma parade, RGB, focus peaking, zebra, false color & blue only.
– Create HD proxies on the Samurai Blade as you record 4K at the camera & in real time rough cut your footage. Tag it as Favorite or Reject and save as a project, ready to finalize in the studio.
– Open up Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD post production quality to thousands of devices (cameras, projectors, tablets, phones, game consoles, medical and industrial equipment).
– Take your consumer camera to a truly Pro recording device. Avoid the limiting, internal compression found on most cameras and step up to 220Mbps to edit 10-bit 422 Apple ProRes HQ.
– Recording straight out from the sensor means no more 29.59 minute record limits on your internal recordings. Whether you’re filming a soccer match or birds in the wild there is no need to worry about your recording stopping at 29.59 minutes.
– Record to standard 2.5” HDDs and SSDs. A 1TB HDD gives you 10+ hours of Apple ProRes HQ. Buy your choice of media that is affordable, reliable and readily available.
– The Ninja Star is the world’s smallest, lightest Apple ProRes recorder (130g/4.6oz). Small enough to fit in your pocket and light enough to hang from a quad-copter- the Ninja Star is the go-anywhere recorder.
– Avoid the limiting, internal compression found on most cameras and step up to 220Mbps to edit 10-bit 422 Apple ProRes HQ.
– The Ninja Star is an efficient little beast meaning it can keep on going for over 5 hours on one battery. Record for the whole shoot and play back all on the included battery.
These are only a few of the (awesome) products available from Atomos. To learn more about the entire product lineup or to add Atomos equipment into your classrooms or productions, please Contact Us for more information.